I took stock of my pantry and freezer and decided to use up as much stuff as I could. The Tilapia remains frozen until garbage day, the prawns will be used on some poor guest - probably coconut prawns - I can eat those. (Who wants to come over?) I have no idea what to do with the prosciutto I mean I don't have a slicer and it is probably full of freezer burn. And isn't it supposed to be thinly sliced? What was I thinking? Again with the senility. Same goes for the hamburger patties there has to be at least a dozen (1-3 in a bag) I may cook 'em up and feed them to the dogs - although even they may say no.
As for us? Here's the menu (so far) for the week - it may change after I go shopping today. As always I'll let you know how I do.
WEEK 2 of the $150 per week challenge
The items in italics are made mostly from items from found in the freezer, fridge or pantry.
- Hearty Lentil Soup
- Orange Chipotle Chicken, with brown rice, frozen corn and salad with homemade ranch dressing
- Moroccan Split Pea Soup, with Carrot & Arugula Salad
- Grilled Steak, with potatoes and fresh green beans
- Curried Vegetables, with brown rice pilaf
- Grilled Pork Chops with homemade polenta and tomato sauce
- Spicy Chicken Stir fry with brown rice
- Loaded Quinoa Salad, Fruit
- Turkey/Pear Melt, with garden salad
- Chick Pea Salad, Fruit
- Tuna Sandwich, mini carrots, Fruit
- Poached Eggs on English Muffin with Fresh Tomato, Spinach and 'yogurt cheese'
- Oatmeal or Millet with raspberries or apple, flax seed, cinnamon and maple syrup
- Greek Yogurt, raspberries, honey and cinnamon
- Scrambled eggs, English Muffin, 1/2 Grapefruit
- Whole Wheat Banana mini muffins
- Chocolate Oatmeal (don't knock it before you try it)
- Microwave Popcorn (homemade)
- Rhubarb/Strawberry Crunch
- Baked Apples